The quality of the ICC is greatly enriched when parents and family members directly participate in the center’s activities and projects. There are a number of ways that families can get involved including:
- Quarterly Parent-Family events, annual community work days (i.e. Earth Day Columbus or Green Deeds)
- Classroom Support: Storytelling, sharing talents (such as music, building, language or family cultural traditions) as circle time presentations, classroom cleaning, classroom supply acquisitions, and field trip participation.
- Maintenance: Gardening, painting, repairs, carpentry,outdoor classroom upkeep and renovation, bookshelf construction.
- Fund Raising: Annual OSU home game parking, online/special events, grant writing, and center development.
- Oversight Committees: Board of Directors, volunteer recruitment, parent resource center development.
If you have a special skill, project idea, or community resource connection you would like to share with us, let the teachers or Director know. Your support and skills are welcomed. Your contribution of time and energy helps bring you and your child closer as you become an active part of their world at ICC.
Teachers are eager to share their “wish list” of materials, supplies or special project needs in the classrooms.